Winning Irish directors are selected to showcase their work in LA's Director's Guild of America Theatre annually.
Established in 2005, the Annual Directors Finders Series Award presents an Irish director with an opportunity to showcase their film in the state of the art Director’s Guild of America Theatre, Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles to an audience of key American distributors, agents and press with a view to securing a U.S distribution deal.
The Directors’ Finders Series, initiated by the Independent Directors Committee of the DGA chaired by Steven Soderbergh, has screened more than 75 independent films. Of those films, nearly a third have secured distribution. Participating filmmakers acknowledge the Director’s Finder Screening Series as providing the key screening leading to their films being picked up.
Films eligible for inclusion in the Finders Series must meet the following criteria;
- The film must be fiction, documentary or drama of feature length. (“Feature” = qualifies for a theatrical release).
- The director must be an SDGI member (paid up).
- The film must not have distribution in the United States of America.
- The director must be available to travel on the designated dates for the weeklong LA trip.
- SDGI must have full access & rights to screen and promote the winning film & the director if successful in the competition.